Grandpa Joe with Pups

Grandpa Joe with Pups
Joe with his son's and daughter-in-law's puppies, Olivia and Winston

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Birthday words of wisdom:


"I can't understand why I flunked American history.  When I was a kid there was so little of it." 
 (--George Burns)


"I was looking in the mirror the other day and I realized I haven't changed much since I was in my 20's.  The only difference is I look a whole lot older now."  
(--George Carlin)


"Oh, to be 70 again!"  
(--George Clemenceau)


"The older the fiddle, the sweeter the tune."
(--Old Irish saying)


"May you live all the days of your life."
(--Jonathan Swift)


"There was a star danced, and under that was I born."
(--Willy the Shake)


"Old age is like everything else: to make a success of it, you've got to start young."
(--Fred Astaire)


"I have achieved my seventy years in the usual way, by sticking strictly to a scheme of life which would kill anybody else....I will offer here, as a sound maxim, this: That we can't reach old age by another man's road."
(--Mark Twain)





No comments:

Post a Comment